How to Maintain the Lead Edge Feeding Wheels?
The lead edge feeding wheels are extensively used in the Box Converting Industry, especially used for cardboard feeding of Flexo Printer Slotter Die-cutter Machines, we can say it is an indispensable part of flexo printing machines, so the daily maintain is very important.
The Abrasion is the main and biggest killer of the Lead Edge Feeding Wheels, if we don’t pay attention to the maintenance, the Wheels will have a high replacement rate, this not only cause the cost waste, but also leading to some other production loss, the Feeding Wheels cost waste is only a small part, because if the Feeding Wheels are heavily worn, it will cause the accuracy of feeding, printing, slotting, die-cutting as well, so if not pay attention, it’s big waste of cardboard.
- The Abrasion is the main and biggest killer of the Lead Edge Feeding Wheels, one of the main reasons cause the abrasion is cardboard stuck between the Wheels and Supporter, so the position where the scraps stuck will be immediately worn-out during high-speed running, so promptly clean the foreign matters is highly required once you saw it.
- The Uneven speed is also one of the main reasons for wearing, so a good maintain should be carry-out during lower speed running.
- Remove the straps of cardboard completely before feeding the cardboard, which will easy cause the stuck and make machine stop (see below picture).
- If most of the cardboard is medium size cardboard, after a period of time, move the Feeding wheels from both side to Middle, and move the middle rollers to both sides (This similar solution of Anvil Cover.).
- The Feeding wheels which are just under the cardboard edge will be fast getting abrasion, so pay attention and replace it in time, you can keep a good feeding accuracy (see below pictures).
- Cleaning the Feeding wheels with alcohol after a period of time, and the friction will also be increased after cleaning, but DO NOT use toluene for cleaning it.
- Lead edge feeding wheels is made of imported polymer synthesis of polyurethane rubber material, so a good quality Feeding wheels should have features of high abrasion proof, high friction, high resilience and non-damaged corrugated sheets.
- The machine operation should always pay attention on cleaning the Feeding wheels during normal production, because sometimes the feeding askew was caused by the abrasion of the Feeding wheel.